I took my friend, J to CrossFit over the weekend. J is super fit (spin class, boot camp, runner, etc). After partnering up on a doozy of a metcon, she was like: who are you? With movements like hang power clean and wallballs, I was significantly stronger than her although she did carry us on the burpees! The next day she sent me this note. I have so far to go in this CrossFit journey, but this reminds me how far I’ve come:
OMG! You are amazing. I wanted to tell you today how impressed I am of you as a person, not just a boss. You care about real things, you are focused about life, health, family and growth. Seeing you toss the 10lb ball super high and lift the 40lb plus weights made me think, there is NOTHING this girl can’t do! Thanks for the inspiration.
So clearly this is no longer an everyday thing since it’s Feb 9 and I’m on my 22nd list but eh.
1. I’m grateful for sharing crossfit with a friend. She loved it! I loved it! Why didn’t we do this earlier?
2. I’m grateful for my aunt and mom visiting. Boxes will get packed this weekend!
3. I’m grateful for CFSA introducing me to CSAs and good, locally grown food.
I’m grateful for mucinex. That is all for tonight.
1. I’m grateful for great friends when I’m sick.
1a. I’m grateful for Di who brought me Nando’s… God knows I wasn’t going to cook.
1b. I’m grateful for Kate who left the party, went to the hotel front desk to buy me cold medicine and brought it up to my room.
Best friends a girl could ask for.
1. I’m grateful for bar hopping burpees (I know, crazy) but they showed me how much progress I’ve made (albeit slow progress).
2. I’m grateful for my friends LY and MM in Seattle who are willing to go look at apartments for me (while I’m stuck on the East Coast).
3. I’m grateful for advil. Holy cramps!
4. I’m grateful for Amazon: the most efficient way to shop for a procrastinating lazy person.
1. I’m grateful for the zucchini I bought before I left on my trip… without it, I wouldn’t have any veggies to eat.
2. I’m grateful the sidewalks are less treacherous- no more snow for this winter please.
3. I’m grateful that for mentors who look out for you.
4. I’m grateful for Farmers Fishers and Bakers purple and black kale salad… so freaking delicious!
1. I’m grateful for sleep. It does a body good.
2. I’m grateful for new opportunities at the new job.
3. I’m grateful for my impending move to Seattle: less snow and when it does, no one will expect me to leave my house.
It’s been a couple days since I’ve done a gratitude list but I haven’t forgotten!
1. I’m grateful for my little brother who is doing his part for equality and fairness.
2. I’m grateful for my jump rope that is easily packable. It makes travel wods a lot easier.
3. I’m grateful for my college years. Every time I go back to campus, I’m reminded how amazing those 4 years really were!